This refreshing mocktail is perfect for hot summer days and nights. This is perfect for entertaining family events or any gathering. Mocktails are always great options for non-drinkers (of alcoholic drinks). This recipe is for a tall glass. Just multiply the ingredients if you need to make big batches.
3 tbsp. fresh cucumber
1 tbsp. simple syrup
juice of half a lime
3 pcs. basil leaves
250 ml lemon lime soda
1. Mince fresh cucumber with skin on. Pour in a tall glass with basil leaves. Muddle the two together using a spoon or the handle of a wooden spoon. Then add lime juice and syrup.
2. Pour in ice and lemon lime soda. Mix with a bar spoon and garnish with lime wedge and basil leaves before serving. Enjoy!
This cocktail makes for a refreshing drink. This makes use of three citruses—lemon, lime, and dalandan. Dalandan or the Philippine orange is a citrus that is widely available in the country. This recipe also requires a tall glass. One is enough to last you a night or a whole afternoon. After all, every hour is happy hour, right?
1 part gin (I used Ginebra)
1 part Manille Liqueur de Dalandan (if not available, use orange liqueur)
3 parts Waitrose Cloudy Lemonade soda
1 part lemon-lime soda (Sprite)
Juice of ½ a lime
1. Fill a tall glass with ice.
2. Use a shot glass to measure the liquids. Pour in gin, dalandan liqueur, lemonade soda, and lemon-lime soda.
3. Cut a lime in half, squeeze juice into the glass. Using a bar spoon (or an ordinary spoon) stir mixture well.
4. Using the other half, slice lime for garnish. You can put the slices into the cocktail or let a slice straddle on the lip of the glass. Enjoy!