This soup recipe is one of my go-to recipes whenever I want soup or I need it to partner with an Asian dish. It’s easy and is super good. This recipe is quick to make and best partnered with fried Asian food like spring rolls or fried chicken.
Half a chicken breast
1 cup fresh corn kernels
6 cups of water
1 yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 large egg
1 pc. chicken bouillon cube
2 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1. In a heavy pot put in water, chicken, and corn kernels. Wait for it to boil, lower heat and let it simmer. Wait for five minutes for chicken to cook. Remove chicken, add bouillon cube and let the broth simmer so corn cooks. Put chicken aside and let cool.
2. When chicken is cool, shred it using your hands into small pieces. Then in a pan, saute onion, garlic, and chicken in vegetable oil. Saute for about three minutes. Then add fish sauce, remove from heat and pour into the broth. Mix well.
3. Add oyster sauce and season with ground black pepper. Add salt if necessary.
4. Make a cornstarch slurry, do this by dissolving 2 tbsp. of cornstarch in 2 tbsp. of water. Mix in the slurry in the soup. It will thicken it a bit. The more slurry you pour in, the thicker it gets. Add chopped spring onions.
5. Lightly beat egg in a small bowl before adding it to the soup. Slowly pour in the egg while mixing the soup quickly. Turn of heat. Done. Serve while hot and enjoy!