This is a quick side dish recipe that is so easy, you can do it in five minutes. Serve this on the side of any Asian meat dish. Bok choy or pak choi is a type of Chinese cabbage. It’s usually used in noodle soups and stir fry dishes. It’s widely available in the Asian region (duh) including the Philippines while it can be found in most Asian markets/groceries in the Western hemisphere.
250 grams of fresh bok choy
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp. ginger (minced or sliced)
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. sesame oil
salt and pepper
1. Trim ends of bok choy and rinse with water.
2. In a frying pan or wok, heat vegetable oil and sauté garlic and ginger for one minute over medium heat.
3. Add bok choy and toss for a minute. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add a small amount of water and immediately cover the pan. Let steam for a couple of minutes.
5. Remove from pan and transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle sesame oil over cooked vegetables.